* Subject: Re: Starfield object * Date: Friday, 06 January 1995 08:57:50  * From: Charles Blaquiere <email@example.com>1) MODELING REAL STARS:
- Add a primitive cone, 5 x 5 units in size, 3 points at the base. No need to close the bottom.2) FAKE IT:
- In Pick Points, pick all and move them, say, 1000 units away from the origin.
- In Pick Objects, enter Attributes, Phong off, Bright on. You've created a star.
- Copy/Paste/Rotate randomly in X, Y, and/or Z. You've created another star.
- Pick All, Join. Repeat these steps (Copy/Paste/Rotate, Pick All, Join) until you have enough stars to suit your fancy.
- Presto, instant starfield! You may want to add a Dirt texture, with intensity set to 1, to vary the color of your stars from white to black.
- Add a primitive sphere, make it Bright.Back to Ian Smith's HomePage
- Add the Confetti texture, set V1 and V2 to 0.5 and 0.55, and the colors to black and white. Play with size until the stars look right.
-> Return to Alphabet <-