By Michael Hazlett (Imagine 2.9 and higher)
What it will do is simulate a phaser hitting the front and that portion of
the shield will show nothing else, this uses standard Imagine 2.9 textures
without any Essence ones.
- Create a primitive sphere, scale it to envelop your Starship.
- Give it a color of 0,0,0 and click on Bright.
- Make it a fog object ie: with a length of 50.00.
- Add the Bandturb texture.
- Edit the texture as follows:
Column One Two
0 0.4 Axis position: 81, 0, -0.9
(The main difference with Charles Blaquiere tip is that the colour you put
on the texture is the colour of the shield, usually green :)
- States/Create START, click Textures/Brushes on.
- Change the texture:
- Time to 1
- Fade to 1
- Axis Position: 67, 0 -0.9
- States/Create END.
- In the Action editor morph from START to END over how many frames you like; you have to reverse the states to dissipate the shield.
You'll see an energy blast hit the front (or wherever) of the shield flare
up (and if you want) dissipate; you can change how transparent the shield is
by changing the fog length :)
Last Update: July 13, 1995
Back to Ian's HomePage. --
Up to FAQ #8 Index