Bark, mountain, stone effects (Imagine 2.9 and higher)
This uses the WRINKLE texture.
- Add default cylinder and CLOSE the TOP
- Select the top edges of the cylinder and MAKE SHARP
- Apply the WRINKLE texture and render. (This will look like bark around the cylinder....play with the noise functions to adjust the look of the bark.)
Now make these changes to the Texture:
Column One Two
- This will look like the sides of a mountain around the Cylinder. On
the top of the cylinder it will look like granite.
- When applied to organic objects the vertical faces will have the
rivulets, the horizontal faces will be granite-like.
- Try changing the first three variables in Column one to 10,10,1
respectively. The resulting look will make the cylinder look like a
core sample around the cylinder, while the top of the cylinder will
have a marble like quality.
Last Update: July 13, 1995
Back to Ian's HomePage. --
Up to FAQ #8 Index